Sunday, October 2, 2011

This Is What OWS Means To Me.

I am not a radical. I am an average American citizen. I am for economic opportunity and stability. I am for the free market.

What I am against is what we have right now, which is a purchased market--where those who have the resources to do so are free to constantly rewrite the rules to their benefit without recourse. I am against a government artificially inflating an economy through bad business practices and taxpayer-funded bailouts of companies that should be allowed to fail. I am against the constant class war in this country, in which those who do not make over a certain amount of money per year are constantly beaten down and cast aside through the legal process. I am against the idea of corporate personhood. I am against corporate money funding politicians and against politicians giving kickbacks and spoils to their corporate donors. I am against a society in which the needs of those few at the top outweigh the needs of the many below them. And lastly, I am against the use of violent force to silence those who would speak out against the society in which they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment